Kashmiri Dum Aloo - Reposting for ICC
Subscribe us on Youtube for Video Recipes
Kashmiri Dum Aloo:
Here is the simple Dum Aloo recipe for you to enjoy…:)
·Potato - 200 g
·Tomato - 1
·Onion - 2
·Green chilly - 2
·Ginger - small piece
·Garlic - 3 to 4
·Lemon juice - 1 tbsp
·Yogurd - 2 tbsp
·Salt to taste
·Oil to fry
·Curry and coriander leaves
·Coriander pwd - 1 tsp
·Red chilly pwd - 1 tsp
·Turmeric pwd - ½ tsp
·Garam masala pwd - ½ tbsp
·Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
·Olive oil - 1 tbsp
1. Wash and remove the peel from potatoes and prick them
2. Pressure cook for one whistle, ( should turn tender )
3. Allow to cool, marinate with turmeric pwd, red chilly pwd and lemon juice for 10 mins.
4. Shallow fry in hot oil and keep it reserved.
5. Smash tomato in a blender.
6. Transfer the puree to a bowl and keep aside.
7. Grind onion, garlic, ginger, green chilli to paste.
8. Add yogurd to the spices and mix well
9. Heat oil in a fry pan, add cumin seeds and wait to crackle.
10. Add onion paste of step 7 and stir in medium flame for 4 to 5 mins.
11. Add all the yogurd spice paste and allow to cook until oil separates.
12. Add tomato puree and stir for 1 minute.
13. Keep in low flame and fry till a meshy texture appears. ( 5 to 7 ) mins
14. Add shallow fried potatoes, cover & simmer for 2 mins.15. Garnish with freshly chopped curry and coriander leaves.
16. Serve hot with Roti, Naan, Chapati & Bread.