Crispy Adai / Crispy Lentil Dosa
Adai is one of the popular and crispy South Indian Tiffin recipe. It is rich in carbohydrateds and proteins. I luv adai in my Mom’s taste anytime a day.. The crispy onions and the lentils…hmmm the taste is absolutely delicious...!!!
Adai is best suited for dinner and combines excellent with red chutney or coconut chutney and jaggery.
Here is the easy recipe for Adai …Hope u relish it..!!
- Idly rice - 1 cup
- Moong dal - 1 cup
- Channa dal - 1 cup
- Toor dal - ¼ cup
- Red chilly - 5 or 6
- Mustard seed - ¼ tsp
- Cumin seed - 1 tsp
- Onion - 2
- Asafetida pwd - a pinch
- Oil - 3 tbsp
- Curry & coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- Wash and soak Rice and all the grams for 3 to 4 hrs.
- Grind in a blender to coarse batter.
- Add little water while grinding, but the batter should be thick for preparing crispy Adai.
- Heat a tawa and add 2 tbsp oil.
- Add mustard, cumin, curry leaves, chopped onion, asafetida pwd and sauté.
- Add this to the coarse batter, add salt, chopped coriander leaves and mix well
- Take a ladle full of batter and spread in thin concentric layer in hot tawa.
- Drizzle oil or ghee to the sides to get crispy edges.
- Once it turns golden, flip to other side and cook in reduced flame.
- Take it out, once the crispness and golden color comes on both sides.
- Wow…lipsmacking adai is ready to taste.
- Serve hot with red chutney or coconut chutney.