Butter Chicken Masala
Butter Chicken Masala: Like us on Youtube for more Video Recipes
Butter Chicken Masala is a very popular Indian non-veg traditional recipe. It is also known by several names such Murg Makhani and Makhan Murg. This is a slightly seasoned chicken dish enriched with butter and cream.
This fragrant and spicy dish is an all time favorite and sure hit among kids. The unique ingredient , we use in this recipe are almonds. The almonds enhances the rich taste and flavor of masala.
Butter Chicken Masala tastes great with Naan, Tandoori parota and Roti...!
Try this simple to cook Butter Chicken recipe at home and let me know how you enjoyed..:
Here is the easy and tasty recipe..!
- Chicken pieces - ½ kg
- Butter - 3 tbsp
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Red chilly pwd - 1 tbsp
- Lime juice - 2 tbsp
- Tomato puree - 1 tbsp
- Bay leaf - 1
- Cinnamon - 1
- Cardamom - 2
- Pepper - 10
- Cloves - 3 or 4
- Almonds - 6
- Yoghurd - 1 cup
- Garam masala pwd - ½ tbsp
- Coriander pwd - ½ tbsp
- Cumin pwd - ¼ tbsp
- Turmeric pwd - ½ tsp
- Onion - 2
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
- Coriander leaves - handful
- Salt to taste
- Clean the chicken pieces.
- Take a bowl and prepare marinade with red chilly pwd, lime juice and salt.
- Marinate the chicken pieces for 1 hour.
- Dry roast bay leaves, cinnamon, cardamom, pepper, cloves and almonds.
- Allow to cool and grind them to coarse pwd.
- Add this spice pwd, yoghurd, garam masala pwd, coriander pwd, cumin pwd and turmeric pwd to the marinade.
- Combine well and allow to marinate for another 1 hour.
- Heat oil and a tbsp of butter in a fry pan.
- Add onion pieces and fry to transculent.
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry till raw smell disappears.
- Now add only the chicken pieces from the marinade and fry in high for 2 mins.
- Add the marinade paste ,tomato puree and sauté well.
- Allow the chicken to cook covered by adding little water.
- Cook till the chicken is done.
- Sauté well until the masala thickens to desired consistency.
- Now melt the remaining butter and pour it over chicken masala.
- Garnish with freshly chopped coriander leaves.
- Yummy and tasty Butter Chicken Masala is ready to serve with Naans and Roti...!!!
Have a nice time..!