Sooji Ka Halwa / Rava Kesari
Sooji Ka Halwa – Rava Kesari Like us on Youtube for more Video Recipes
Sooji Ka Halwa is a classic Indian sweet dish that can be made in a jiffy. This dessert is easy to prepare and we can prepare during special occasions as kids love it.
The Sooji or Rava is roasted and cooked with ghee and sugar. Then flavoured with saffron and cardamom pwd.
Here comes the ever popular tasty Rava Kesari recipe…:)
- Rava - 1 cup
- Ghee - 4 tbsp
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Cardamom - 1 or 2
- Cashew - 7
- Raisins - 10
- Food color - a pinch
- Saffron - few strands
- Pistachio - 5
- Add ghee to a fry pan and heat it.
- Roast rawa in low flame till it exudes a rich aroma.
- Keep it aside.
- Roast cardamom, cashew, raisins to golden. Remove and reserve it.
- Boil 2 ½ cups of water in a heavy bottomed pan.
- Add roasted rawa slowly and stir continuously to avoid lumps.
- Keep stirring till the rava is full cooked.
- Add the orange food color and stir.
- Add sugar slowly and combine well with continous stirring.
- Add saffron, cardamom, cashew and raisins.
- Mix well and keep stirring until the kesari start sticking to the bottom.
- Turn off the flame.
- Grease a plate with ghee.
- Pour the kesari in the plate and allow to cool.
- Cut into required shape.
- Garnish with chopped pistachio, almond and cashew
- Delicious Sooji Ka Halwa ready to enjoy…!!!
Hugs n Smiles,