Rava Ladoo / Semolina Ladoo / Diwali Sweet Recipes
Rava Ladoo is a very popular Indian dessert made with semolina and coconut in ghee. This melt in the mouth recipe is very easy to prepare and this is one of the traditional and simple sweet that is prepared mainly at many households for Diwali festival...!
This is my kids favorite sweet and I am very happy to see the plate is empty within hours…:)
Here is the delicious recipe just for you…!
- Rava / Semolina / Sooji - 1 cup
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Ghee - 5 tbsp
- Cashew - 7
- Raisins - 12
- Fresh grated coconut - ½ cup
- Cardamom pwd - ¼ tsp
- Warm milk - ¼ cup
- Heat 2 tbsp of ghee in a frying pan.
- Roast cashew nuts and raisins to golden.
- Remove and keep aside.
- Roast grated coconut in simmer for a minute.
- Once done, remove and keep aside.
- Take sugar in a blender and grind coarsely.
- Add the remaining ghee in the frying pan.
- Add rava and roast till rich aroma starts coming out.
- Make sure the flame is in simmer, else the rava turn light brown
- Once done, add sugar pwd, stir well for a minute.
- Add roasted cashew, raisins, coconut flowers and cardamom pwd.
- Mix well.
- Add 2 tbsp of warm milk.
- Combine and check you can make small balls out of the mixture.
- If needed add 1 more tbsp of milk.
- Turn off the flame, cover and let it cool for 2 mins.
- Then, immediately make balls out of it.
- Delicious Rava Ladoo ready to enjoy…:))
Meet you in next post...Take Care....n bye from