Papaya Payasam / Kheer Recipes
Papaya payasam is a sweet dish commonly seen in Kerala cuisine. This is a healthy as well as yummy treat for all those who have a sweet tooth.
Papaya is commonly called as “ Fruit of the Angels “ coz of its heavenly taste....!!!
Also called as “Nutritional Masterpiece” , since, it is rich in VitC, A & E. It is good for balanced nutrition as it has no cholesterol or fat and good source of fiber, folate and potassium...!
The most common use of papaya is to aid digestion and to help in weight reduction. It provides inflammatory relief and reduce joint pains and aches.
Here is the easy recipe of papaya payasam to taste and enjoy..
- Ripe papaya chopped - 1 cup
- Coconut milk - ½ cup
- Jaggery pwd - ½ cup
- Cashew - 4 to 5
- Raisins - 7
- Cardamom pwd - a pinch
- Saffron - few strands
- Grated almond - 1 tsp
- Ghee - ½ tbsp
- Wash and peel off the skin of papaya.
- Chop to small pieces.
- Grind in a blender to paste.
- Transfer to a bowl, add thick coconut milk, pwd jaggery or honey.
- Roast cashew, raisins in hot ghee to golden.
- Add to payasam, sprinkle a tsp of cardamom pwd, saffron and combine well.
- Serve with grated almond garnishing.
- Healthy, delicious Papaya Payasam ready to taste & enjoy..:)