Aval Payasam /Poha Kheer - Easy Payasam Recipes
Like us on Youtube for Video Recipes
Aval Payasam: ( Poha Kheer )
Wishing you All a very Happy Navratri ...!!!
I wanted to prepare something sweet for pooja...!
Luckily..I remembered the Aval Payasam, which Mom will prepare.. which is one of my favorite too..:)
I tried this recipe today and it was divine !! This yummy and delicious payasam can be prepared very easily and quickly with poha and milk.
Here is the easy and tasty South Indian dessert recipe…! Give a try n enjoy...:))
- Aval / Poha / flattened rice - 1 cup
- Milk - ¾ L
- Sugar - ¾ cup
- Ghee - 1 tbsp
- Cashew - 8
- Raisins - 15
- Almond - 4
- Pistachios - 3
- Cardamom pwd - ¼ tsp
- Wash poha and drain water completely.
- Leave it aside for 10 mins.
- Take a bowl and add milk to it.
- Allow to boil.
- Now add poha and stir gently.
- Continue boiling in medium flame with stirring once in a while.
- When the milk reduces to half its quantity, add sugar and stir to dissolve.
- Now add add golden fried raisins and cashew.
- Remove from flame.
- Garmish with chopped almonds, pistachios and cardamom pwd.
- Serve hot or cold
- Delicious Aval Payasam ready to giv a taste…!Like us on Youtube for Video Recipes