Deep Fried Anchovies / ( Nethli Fry )
Deep Fried Anchovies
( Nethli Fry )
This is my mom’s unique recipe. Indeed, it’s a fav dish of all non veg lovers. The spicy aroma and crisp taste is just irresistible and invites one n all to dining. I love to enjoy this deep fried anchovies with any mild rice dish like pulav. Also this makes a great combination with hot rasam rice.
Here goes the recipe…:)
· Nethli ( Anchovies ) - ¼ kg
· Red chilli pwd - 1 tbsp
· Pepper pwd - ½ tsp
· Turmeric pwd - ½ tsp
· Lemon juice - 1 tbsp
· Corn flour - ½ tbsp
· Oil to fry
· Salt to taste
1. Clean the dry nethli and soak in water for 10 mins.
2. Take red chilli pwd, pepper pwd, turmeric pwd, salt, lemon juice, corn flour and make a thick paste with sprinkling water.
3. Put the nethli fish into this paste, mix well.
4. Marinate for about 30 mins.
5. Heat oil in a fry pan.
6. Deep fry the marinated fish in low flame with constant stirring.
7. Drizzle oil to the sides.
8. Fry real good, till they get little brown and crisp.
9. Serve hot with pulav or rice dishes.
10. Tasty crunchy Nethli fry ready to enjoy…!!!