Almond Carrot Kheer
Almond Carrot Kheer:
This delicious drink is a tried and tasted recipe from Akila’s blog…Learning to Cook. ..!
She has very interesting new recipes , which I love to drool often. When, I chanced upon this recipe, I decided to giv a try immediately. This is easy to prepare and very tasty. My kids enjoyed this healthy drink and asked for more. Am glad I got this recipe…Thanks Akila for sharing this...!
Am sending this and some other recipes starting with A to her lovely event…Dish name starts with: A
Here goes the recipe…:)
· Almond - 15 to 20
· Carrots - 2
· Milk - 2 cups
· Sugar - as required
· Ghee - 1 tsp
· Cashew - 3 or 4
· Raisins - 6
· Cardamom pwd - a pinch
1. Soak almond in warm water for 2 to 3 hrs.
2. Peel off the skin.
3. Wash and clean carrots.
4. Grate them to fine pieces.
5. Grind both these in a blender to smooth paste.
6. If needed add little milk.
7. Take a pan, add this paste, milk, sugar and cardamom pwd.
8. Allow to boil in medium flame.
9. When first bubble starts appearing, turn off the flame.
10. Heat a tsp of ghee, and roast grated cashew and raisins to golden.
11. Add to kheer and mix well.
12. Allow to cool and refrigerate it.
13. Serve chill.
14. Healthy delicious Almond kheer ready to delight you…!
some of my Recipes starting with ' A ' to Akila's Event
Aambur Chicken Briyani
Appalam Kuttu: (Pappad Potato Kuttu)
Adai Dosai : (Kara Dosai)
Aaloo Mutter Fry
Thanks for your precious time...:)