Aadi Velli Delight – Sweet Pongal / Chakrai Pongal
Aadi Velli Delight – Sweet Pongal
Today is Aadi Velli. An auspicious day to get darshan and offer pooja to Sakthi Goddess. Aadi Festival is celebrated for the birth of the Tamil month Aadi ( July – August ).
All the Fridays of this month are considered very auspicious.
In this day, we will prepare sweets as offering to the goddess. Special mention to be made of Sweet Pongal / Chakrai Pongal, which is prepared with dhal and jaggery sweet.
Also, we will make a Thambulam with Betal leaves, turmeric, kumkum, betalnut, flowers and coconut. And offer this to women, who we meet to get their blessings and good wishes...!!!
Wishing U all a very Happy Aadi Velli Festival...!!!
Here is our festival delight recipe…:)
· Rice - 1 cup
· Moongdal - ¼ cup
· Jaggery - 2 ½ cup
· Milk - 1 cup
· Ghee - 4 tbsp
· Raisins - 12
· Cashew - 10
· Cardamom pwd - ½ tsp
1. Heat ghee in a kadai.
2. Fry cashew and raisins to golden
3. Remove and keep aside.
4. Roast moongdal in a dry pan, till good aroma comes.
5. Pressure cook rice and moongdal together with 1 cup milk and 2 cups of water.
6. Smash the contents.
7. Melt jaggery by boiling it in little water and take thick jaggery water.
8. Mix this with smashed rice.
9. Combine well.
10. Add powdered cardamom, ghee roasted cashew and raisins.
11. Stir well by adding warm ghee, until everything blends together.
12. Serve hot with crispy Vada.
This recipe and the following goes to the event Only Kid's Delight by Foodelicious
Veg Fried Rice
Stuffed Rolling Dosa
Lets meet in next post Friends.., Till then...Bye...!