Nethili Fish Fry: (Spicy Fried Anchovies)
Like us on Youtube for Video RecipesNethili Fish Fry (Spicy Fried Anchovies)
Nethili in Tamil and Commersons Anchovy in English, is one of the most tasty fish variety. I love Nethili fry and it is a simple spicy dry fish fry. It is prepared by deep frying the spicy mixture. When cooked it tastes heavenly and goes very well with onion sambar rice and hot rasam rice. This is a spicy recipe and you will definitely become a great fan of it, if you are a Non- Veggie…!
· Dry Nethili fish - 2 cup
· Onion - 2
· Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
· Oil - 3 tbsp
· Tomato - 2
· Turmeric pwd - a pinch
· Red chilly pwd - 1 tbsp
· Pepper pwd - ½ tbsp
· Coriander leaves - handful
· Salt to tasteMethod:
1. Clean the dry nethili fish and wash well and soak for 10 mins.
2. This helps to remove all the dirt from it.
3. Wash and take the fish aside.
4. Heat oil in a pan, add chopped onion and fry to transculent.
5. Add ginger garlic paste, chopped tomato and fry until done.
6. Add turmeric pwd, salt, red chilly pwd and pepper pwd.
7. Mix well. Allow to cook by adding ½ cup water.
8. Now add cleaned fish, combine well and cook it covered in the masala.
9. Stir it gently by drizzling oil to the sides.
10. Allow to fry in low heat for 10 mins, stirring once in a while.
11. Once the fish absorbs all the curry to it, and turns thick consistency, turn off the flame.
12. Garnish with freshly chopped coriander leaves.