Today, is a wonderful day!…yes…It’s my Parent’s Wedding Anniversary. It’s a very special moment, as in a sense, they denote a sense of achievements..! And it brings back the lovely memories of our past. In this special day, I pray Almighty to bless My Parents with good health and happiness forever.
Wishing you a very HAPPY ANNIVERSARY
The excitement of today started with delicious dessert Moongdal Payasam. This is creamy rich, very tasty & full of golden cashews and raisins. I am glad to share my happy momemts with you all. This recipe is very simple to prepare as you can see…
·Moong dal - 1 cup
·Jaggery grated - 1 ½ cup
·Coconut pieces - ½ cup
·Ghee - 2 tbsp
·Cashew - 8
·Cardamom - 2
·Raisins - 10
·Milk - 2 cup
·Poppy seeds - ¼ cup
·Almond nuts - 4 to 5
1. Heat 1 tbsp ghee in tawa, roast yellow Moongdal to light red colour, and releases the rich fragrance.
2. Remove them to a plate.
3. Add 1tbsp ghee, roast cashew, crushed cardomom & raisins to golden. Take care not to burn. Remove them to plate.
4. In a pressure cooker, take roasted moongdal, milk, soaked poppy seeds, 1 cup water and allow to cook for 2 whistles.
5. Once the pressure is gone, open the lid and mash the contents.
6. Take grated jaggery in a thick bottomed pan, add ½ cup water, allow the jaggery to boil on low flame with stirring.
7. Turn off the flame, filter the thick jaggery water ( to remove dirt) and add to the mashed contents. Mix well.
8. Take coconut pieces, grind to paste in blender by adding little water to it.
9. Now add this coconut paste and stir.
10. Let it boil in low flame for 5 mins or more, until it reaches thick, creamy consistency.
11. Taste it and add little milk, if required.
12. Add the roasted cashews, cardamom and raisins.
13. Garnish with grated almond nuts.
14. Nutritious n yummy Moongdal payasam is ready to be served.