Beetroot Halwa and My First Award:
Today morning, as usual when I checked my mail, I’m really very excited to receive bouquet of Awards from my friends Sonu and Suhaina. Thanks dear for your Love and Appreciation. To celebrate my first and precious awards, I prepared my favorite tasty Indian Dessert ‘ Beetroot Halwa’. This is very easy to prepare and tastes awesome…Let’s try this delicious halwa and enjoy the beautiful moments..:)
- Beetroot - ¼ kg
- Sugar - 1 ½ cup
- Milk - ¼ l
- Ghee - 3 tbsp
- Cashew - 5
- Cardamom - 1 or 2
- Raisins - 6
- Almond - 4
- Grate the beetroot to fine pieces.
- Add milk and cook it on low flame, until it is done.
- Heat ghee in pan, roast grated cashew, crushed cardamom and raisins.
- Drain and reserve it.
- Add the cooked beetroot, sauté well in ghee.
- Keep it in sim for 3 to 4 mins.
- Add sugar, combine well and cook it in low flame.
- Stir constantly, until the mixture achieves a thick consistency.
- Drizzle ghee to the sides, mix well.
- Take off heat and garnish with grated almond, roasted cashew, cardamom and raisins.
- Yummy… Beetroot Halwa is ready to serve hot.
Thank you so much Sonu of palate corner and Suhaina of My Singapore Kitchen for showering this awards on me. I am honoured to receive it. My loving friends Sonu and Suhaina have a wonderful blog with healthy collection of recipes.
To speak abt myself
- I’m a friendly, caring, easy going, accommodating and fun loving person having a blend of traditional values with modern outlook & family oriented.
- I was a college Lecturer by profession, now a home maker and I’m thoroughly enjoying this phase of my life.
- I am a new entry into the blogging world. My food blog is ‘Tasty Appetite’, where you can find Indian recipes with lovely pics.
- All the recipes presented here are tried and tasted by my family & friends.
- I was born and brought up in a traditional Hindu family in Tamilnadu. I did my Masters in Chemistry, and I had a strong passion for teaching.
- My Husband Kumaran is a busy IT person.. He’s not just a partner, but a great friend to spend this glorious life together with…I believe in living & loving.
- I enjoy my time at home with my wonderful husband and 2 cute kids.
- I have a very loving & supportive family. They’ve always encouraged to give in my best and be independent.
- In my free time, I like to listen to music, watch movies, traveling (long drives) and experimenting new recipes.
I would love to share this award with all my Dear bloggers. Please collect your awards from Tasty Appetite’
Parita of Parita's World
Vrinda of Sankeerthanam
Kalai of My Recipes Diary
Thanks for taking interest in my blog. You can address any queries, post your feed back or simply say hello at firstname.lastname@example.org
A very happy blogging to all my loving Friends!!!!