Wishing you all a very Happy Tamil New Year…!!!
In India, Festival occasions and special days are marked by a payasam. Today, I tried ‘Badam Payasam’ one of the easiest and nutritious among the payasam, It’s a pure delight, tasty and quick to make. This payasam is loaded with the goodness of almond and serves great for all occasion. While preparing this, always keep the flame low and turn off the flame, once the first bubble appears. ( payasam turns watery, if its boiled more) Try and enjoy :)
And I am starting to native, to enjoy the vacation. I’ll be missing your lovely posts. But be back soon with nutritious recipe collections from my MOM and MIL.
Wishing you all a tasty, happy holiday season. See you soon…Take Care.
· Almonds - 25
· Milk - 1 l
· Sugar - ¾ cup
· Cooking camphor - a pinch
· Saffron - a pinch
· Cardamom pwd - ¼ tsp
· Pista nut - 2
· Cashew - 4
1. Blanch the almonds, peel off the skin and grind the almonds to coarse paste by adding ½ cup of milk.
2. Take remaining milk in a thick bottomed vessel, allow to boil.
3. Continue boiling in low flame, until it reduces to half of its quantity.
4. Add sugar and stir well. Further allow to boil for few mins.
5. Now add the badam paste, stir well and continue boiling in low flame.
6. Mix cooking camphor and saffron in 1 tbsp of warm milk, mix well.
7. Add this to the payasam, combine.
8. Once the first bubble starts appearing, Turn off the flame,
9. Add cardamom pwd and garnish with grated pista, cashew, almond and cashew nuts.
10.Yummy Yummy Badam payasam is ready. Serve hot or cold.:)