Like us on Youtube for Video RecipesAattukaal Paya: ( Lamb Leg Masala)
Click here to view the step -by - step recipe for Aatukaal paya.
Aattukal Paya is an authentic spicy TamilNadu recipe.
Idiyappam and Aattukal paya is an excellent breakfast menu. Most of the South Indian restaurants, serve this Paya with Idiyappam, Aappam, Steamy Idly, Hot spongy dosa, Chapati, Roti and Parathas. My Mom prepared this and It tasted awesome with rich spicy aroma. This can also be taken as hot soup.
Preparation is quite simple and the taste lies on the right mixing of ingredients. Just pour a bowl full of hot Aattukkal Paya, over a plate of soft Idiyappams and relish the taste. I love to share this healthy, tasty recipe with you here.
Try it and let me know how tasty it is :)
·Goat Leg - 2
·Onion - 4
·Tomato - 3
·Oil - 5 tbsp
·Turmeric pwd - 1 tsp
·Green chilly - 3
·Cumin - 1 tsp
·Saunf - 1 tsp
·Pattai - 2
·Cloves - 3
·Bay leaf - 1
·Ginger garlic paste - 2 tbsp
·Red chilly pwd - 2 tbsp
·Coriander pwd - 1 tbsp
·Coconut pieces - 1 small cup
·Mint leaves - 1 cup
·Curry and coriander leaves - 1 cup
·Fresh lemon juice - 1 tbsp
·Salt to tasteMethod:
2. Cook with 1 tsp turmeric pwd, little salt and 4 cups of water in pressure cooker . After 1 whistle, lower the flame and allow to cook for 1 hr.
3. Meanwhile, chop onion, tomato, green chillies, mint leaves, curry and coriander leaves.
4. Grate coconut to pieces and grind to thick paste in blender by adding little water.
5. Heat oil in a thick bottomed pan, add cumin, saunf, pattai, cloves and bay leaf. Wait to crackle.
6. Add chopped onion, sauté to light brown.
7. Add ginger garlic paste, green chilly, mint leaves, coriander and curry leaves. Continue frying.
8. Add tomato pieces, allow to cook, until it turns soft.
9. Now add turmeric pwd, red chilly pwd, coriander pwd and little salt ( already salt is added while cooking goat’s leg)
10. Combine well and fry, till oil comes to surface and a spicy smell arises.
11. Add the cooked goat’s leg soup, stir well.
12. Allow to cook in high flame, till it bubbles.
13. Check for salt and seasonings and adjust accordingly.
14. Add thick coconut paste, allow to just one boil and remove from flame..
15. Add 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice. Mix well.
16. Sprinkle finely chopped coriander leaves.