Spring Onion Uthappam
Spring Onion Uthappam:
Here’s a one more South Indian Breakfast delicacy. Spring Onion Uthappam is a healthy, tasty recipe that can be enjoyed and easily prepared. It is more popular for its nice aroma and colorful appearance. It pairs best with spicy Idly pwd or tomato chutney. Taste this delicious Spring onion uthappam and enjoy the Indian touch !!!
· Boiled rice - 2 cup
· Urad dal - ½ cup
· Spring onion chopped - 1 cup
· Grated carrot - ½ cup
· Green chilly - 1 or 2
· Ginger - 1 piece
· Oil - 2 tbsp
· Salt to taste
1. Wash and soak boiled rice and urad dal separately.
2. Strain water from it and grind it to thick batter.
3. Add salt and mix well.
4. Keep the batter for 6 hrs for fragmentation.
5. Heat oil in tawa, add chopped green chilly, spring onion, grated carrot, ginger and sauté.
6. Add this to the batter, mix completely.
7. Tade the batter in a ladle and spread it to concentric circles in hot dosa girdle.
8. Drizzle oil to the sides, roast it to golden.
9. Take it aside, and serve hot with chutneys.