Soya Chunks Biryani
Soya Chunks Biryani:
This is one of the favorite recipe from Indian Cuisine. This biryani has a rich spicy taste with great appetizing flavor. Soya Chunks is calorie rich food (336 calories) with excellent source of proteins and many essential vitamins and minerals. I tried this recipe today and the taste came mouth watering. Enjoy the healthy Soya chunks biryani recipe here and drop your comments…Thank You..!
· Raw rice - 2 cup
· Soya chunks - 25
· Ghee - 2 tbsp
· Oil - 2 tbsp
· Onion - 2
· Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
· Curd - small cup
· Cinnamon - 2
· Cloves - 2
· Cardamom - 1
· Bay leaf - 1
· Coriander leaves - handful
· Mint leaves - handful
· Turmeric pwd - ¼ tsp
· Red chilly pwd - 2 tbsp
· Coconut paste - 1 ½ tbsp
· Lemon juice - 1 tbsp
· Salt to taste
1. Wash and soak raw rice for 10 mins. Strain water from it and keep aside.
2. Wash the soya chunks (meal maker) well and soak in hot water for 20 mins.
3. Take it aside and squeeze completely to remove water from it.
4. Heat fry pan, add ghee and fry the meal maker for 5 – 6 mins in medium flame.
5. Take it aside.
6. Add oil to the fry pan, add chopped onion, sauté till golden brown, add ginger garlic paste, sauté further.
7. To this add curd, salt, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, bay leaf, coriander and mint leaves.
8. Sauté for 5 mins, till oil separates out.
9. Add chopped carrot and peas, fry well.
10. Now add turmeric pwd, red chilly pwd, thick coconut paste and allow to boil.
11. Add fried soya chunks, ½ tb water and allow to cook.
12. Add raw rice, fresh lemon juice and check taste for salt and seasonings.
13. Cook in low flame for 5 mins in pressure cooker.
14. Once the pressure goes off, mix the rice gently.
15. Tasty, Healthy Soya chunks biryani is now ready to serve.
16. It pairs best with onion tomato raitha.