Pulav is an Indian favorite and a staple rice dish. This Quick Pulav is very easy and quick to make. It is very mild and fragrant, and great in taste. I love to make this simple and tasty dish, as it makes an interesting lunch box menu for my kid. Serve the Quick Pulav hot with any gravies or raita.
Another delicious main course rice dish, You Should Try : )
· Raw rice - 2 cup
· Tomato - 2
· Onion - 2
· Cumin - 1 tbsp
· Garam masala pwd - ½ tbsp
· Green chilly - 2
· Red chilly pwd - 1 tbsp
· Coriander pwd - 1 tbsp
· Turmeric pwd - ½ tsp
· Oil - 3 tbsp
· Salt to taste
· Fresh coriander leaves
1. Wash the raw rice and soak it for 10 mins.
2. Pressure cook the rice and spread it in a bowl to separate.
3. Heat oil in a pan.
4. Add cumin, green chilly, onion and fry to transculent.
5. Add chopped tomato, garam masala pwd, salt, red chilly pwd, coriander pwd, turmeric pwd and sauté well.
6. Once the tomato has cooked, remove from flame.
7. Taste and adjust salt & seasonings.
8. To this add cooked white rice and combine well.
9. Keep the pan, in low flame covered for 3 mins.
10. Serve hot with chopped fresh coriander sprinklings.
11. Tasty and Quick made pulav, ready to enjoy. :p