--> Modhagam Sweet:
Modhagam sweet is one simple, easy, tasty recipe and very healthy too. This sweet is prepared for the festival Vinayagar Chathurti, and is a favorite for Lord Ganesha. Its made out of rice flour, and the inside stuffing is prepared using thengai poornam and crushed healthy ingredients. As you see, this sweet came out awesome, (to my surprise :) ) and here I am giving the recipe of the mouth watering Mothagam sweet ! Try and enjoy now !
· Raw rice - 2 cup
· Gingely oil - 1 tbsp
· Badam nut - 4
· Cashew - 6
· Fried gram - ½ cup
· Peanut - ¼ cup
· Sesame seeds - ¼ cup
· Cardamom - 2
· Jaggery pwd - 1 cup
· Ghee - 2 tbsp
· Coconut flowers - ½ cup
· Salt to taste
To Prepare Outer layer:
- Wash raw rice and soak it for 6 to 8 hours.
- Drain water from it completely, dry it in a clean cotton towel.
- Dry it, such that the rice grains are separated from each other.
- Grind rice grains to fine smooth flour.
- Sieve this flour to remove any granules present in it.
- Put this flour in a cloth (slightly sprinkle water to the cloth) and boil it in an idly cooker for 12 to 15 mins.
- Allow to cool, the boiled rice flour is ready.
- Now take 1 tb water in a bowl, add 1 tbsp gingely oil, salt to it and allow to boil.
- Add the rice flour to this, by stirring continuously until it comes to spongy dough.
- Our outer layer for modhagam sweet is ready
To prepare Inside stuffing:
- Take badam, cashew, fried gram, groundnut, sesame seeds and cardamom in a blender.
- Grind to coarse pwd.
- Add jaggery pwd and further grind for few seconds.
- Add ghee to pan, heat it.
- Add coconut flowers and roast in low flame, till it is crispy.
- Add the above coarse pwd, roast further in low flame.
- Allow to cool and make lemon sized sweet balls of it.
- Keep it aside.
- Take the outer covering dough, make a small ball of it.
- Pat it flat, stuff the sweet balls inside, cover it and make the round shape with tip extruding.
- Boil in idly cooker for 12 to 15 mins.
- Yummy! sweet modhagam ready to delight your tastebudsJ