This is one of the famous sweet of South India, prepared for the special occasion Diwali, the festival of lights and Janmashtami. I have always loved Adirasam sweet, its one of my most favorite ever since my childhood. It’s a rich, sumptuous, mouth watering delicacy. It contains high calorie and protein. Try out this simple recipe...eat and enjoy the very delicious tasty sweet Adirasam.
Update me on the outcome…Thanks! Bon Appetit!
· Raw rice - 2 cup
· Jaggery - 250 g
· Cardamom pwd - 1 tsp
· Sukku pwd - 1 tsp
· Oil to fryMethod:
1. Wash raw rice and soak for 1 hr.
2. Strain water from it. Spread it in a cotton towel and allow to dry, till the rice grains separate out and damp.
3. Grind in a blender to fine rice flour.
4. Sieve the flour to remove any dirt or granules present in it.
5. Break jaggery to fine pwd. Take it in a thick bottomed bowl.
6. Add ½ tb water to it, allow to boil with constant stirring.
7. Filter the jaggery water to remove the dirt present and again boil with continous stirring.
8. When the jaggery water comes to thick consistency, turn off the flame.
9. Add this to the rice flour and mix well to make a soft dough.
10. Sprinkle cardamom pwd and sukku pwd and combine well.
11. Keep the dough aside for 4 to 6 hrs.
12. Apply a drop of oil in your palms.
13. Take a small lemon sized ball of the dough, pat it flat.
14. Transfer it into hot oil.
15. Once it deep fried, roll to next side and allow to fry in medium flame.
16. Once the Adirasam turns golden brown on both sides, take aside.
17. Press in a mould, or between 2 flat plates, to remove excess oil from it.
18. Yummy…! Delicious Adirasam ready to taste.