Pepper Plantain Roast
Pepper Plantain Roast:
(Spicy Plantain Slices)
For tonight dinner, I prepared a tasty and simple recipe of plantain. Yummy…! It tastes great and I made a little discovery of Plantain and found it has high dietary fibre, starch and low sugar, salt and cholesterol content. It’s a rich source of vitamin B6, C, A which helps maintain vision, good skin, and build immunity against diseases. It is also rich in potassium, magnesium and phosphate. Here’s the recipe for you…
- Plantain - 1
- Oil - 4 tbsp
- Onion - 1
- Garlic - 4 to 5
- Tomato - 1
- Turmeric pwd - ¼ pwd
- Pepper pwd - 1 ½ pwd
- Salt to taste
- Wash, peel off the skin of plantain, cut it into small, slender round pieces.
- Heat oil in a fry pan, add chopped onion pieces.
- Sauté until it turns soft.
- Grind garlic and tomatoes to fine paste.
- Add this paste to the above content, sauté in medium flame for 3-4 mins.
- Add turmeric pwd, pepper pwd, salt & toss it.
- Add plantain pieces and roast it for 5 mins.
- Add half tb water, cook it covered.
- Drizzle oil to the sides and roast it to golden.
- Delicious pepper plantain roast ready.