Coconut Milk Murukku
Coconut Milk Murukku:
This crispy, crunchy, tasty, Coconut milk murukku is a kid’s special recipe. Its appealing colour and soft taste makes kids to ask for more and more, and its healthy too. Preparation of this tasty murukku is very simple as you can see here…
· Raw rice - 2 tb
· Roasted gram dal flour - 1 tb
· Cumin pwd - 1 tsp
· Melted ghee - 2 tbsp
· Thick coconut milk - 1 cup
· Oil to fry - 250 ml
· Salt to taste
- Wash raw rice and soak in water for 4 to 6 hrs.
- Strain water from it completely, allow to dry till the rice grains separates out.
- Grind it in blender to fine smooth pwd.
- Sieve the flour to remove any dirt or granules present.
- Take 2 tb of this rice flout and 1 tb of roasted gram dal flour (pottukadalai)
- Combine them together.
- To this add salt, cumin pwd, hot ghee, thick coconut milk.
- Knead the flour to soft dough, by sprinkling coconut milk further.
- Keep it aside for 5 mins.
- Put a drop of oil in palm, take small ball of the dough.
- Stuff it inside the murukku mould, and press to concentric circles in hot oil.
- Deep fry it in medium flame, and take aside once the bubbling of oil stops.
- Crispy, tasty, Coconut Milk Murukku ready.