Chicken Varutha Curry
Chicken Varutha Curry is a hot and spicy traditional recipe, passed on for generations. This tastes great and has authentic taste of Indian cuisine. The right mix of ingredients ensures this dish with a delectable taste…
· Chicken - ½ kg
· Oil - 4 tbsp
· Onion - 3
· Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
· Curry leaves - 6
· Garam masala pwd - 1 tsp
· Red chilly pwd - 1 tbsp
· Cumin pwd - ½ tbsp
· Turmeric pwd - a pinch
· Curd - 2 tbsp
· Tomatoes - 2
· Pepper pwd - 1½ tbsp
· Capsicum - 1
· Coriander sprinklings - handful
· Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a fry pan, add spices to it and allow to splutter.
- Add chopped onion pieces, fry till it turns pale pink in colour.
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry.
- To this add washed chicken pieces, fry in medium flame for about 5 mins.
- Add curry leaves, garam masala pwd, red chilly pwd, cumin pwd, salt, turmeric pwd and toss for another 5 mins.
- Add 2 tbsp curd and combine well.
- Finally add chopped tomatoes and allow to cook.
- Add pepper pwd and sauté it for 2 mins.
- Add 1 tb water and boil chicken with masala covered for 5 mins.
- Once the chicken is fully cooked, simmer the flame.
- Allow the gravy to thicken for desired consistency.
- Slice onion, capsicum to small triangular shape and fry them to golden, in a separate pan.
- Garnish Chicken Varutha Curry with fried onion, capsicum, freshly chopped coriander sprinklings.