Crispy Onion Vada
Crispy Onion Vada:
Mmmm…hot crispy vada…creates watery mouth to one n all irrespective of their age.
It tastes wonderful as kids empty their plates in minutes and ask for more. It is a healthy and nutritious diet too as urad dal is rich in protein and minerals. Preparation method is very simple …
· Urad dal - 2 cup
· Oil - 200 ml
· Green chilly - 2
· Onion sliced - 2
· Asafoetida pwd - ¼ tsp
· Salt to taste
· Curry and coriander leaves
How to prepare:
- Wash and soak urad dal with 1 tbsp raw rice in water for 20 mins.
- Stain it to drain water and grind in mixer by adding green chilly, salt.
- Sprinkle water to it and grind to thick batter.
- The secret of crispy vada lies in the texture of batter only, the batter shouldn’t be very tight or watery.
- Transfer this batter in a bowl, add asafoetida pwd, chopped onion, curry and coriander leaves.
- Combine them well.
- Heat oil in a fry pan, take a small amount of batter, make it ball, flatten it.
- Deep fry this in hot oil.
- Roll it to the other side and simmer the flame, fry vada to golden brown.
- Serve hot with sambar and chutney.