Its an excellent South Indian recipe. It has a perfect blend of cardamom aroma and sweet taste. Its very easy to prepare and sure it delights your taste buds. Here we go…
- Milk - ½ litre
- Ghee - 2 tbsp
- Semiya - 100 gm
- Aval - 50 gm
- Moong dal - 3 tbsp
- Javvarisi - 2 tbsp
- Raisins - 8 to 10
- Cashew - 5 to7
- Cardamom - 2
- Sugar - 100 gm
- Almond - 2
- Heat milk in a low heat, so that it is condensed to ¼ litre.
- Season cashew, cardamom and raisins in hot ghee.
- Fry moong dal, javvarisi in ghee and pressure cook it for just 1 whistle.
- Heat ghee, fry the semiya, aval in low heat and allow to boil with 1 tumbler water.
- Mash the boiled moong dal, javvarisi and add them to the above contents.
- Combine them, now add milk and sugar to it.( also jaggery can be added instead of sugar)
- Garnish with fried cashew, cardamom, raisins and grated almond nuts.
- Delicious payasam, ready to serve.