Saembu Roast / Seppankizhangu Fry
Saembu roast is an excellent side dish combination for sambar rice, lemon rice, puliyodarai rice, bisibelabath, curd rice and rasam rice. Its preparation method is very simple as u see…
- Saembu - ¼ kg
- Oil - 4 tbsp
- Fenugreek seeds - 1 tsp
- Onion - 2
- Tomato - 2
- Turmeric powder - ¼ tsp
- Red chilly powder - 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Few drops of lemon
- Curry and coriander leaves
- Pressure cook saembu and keep it.
- Heat oil, add fenugreek seeds, add onion, fry it and then add tomato pieces.
- Fry in low flame for 3 - 4 mins.
- Now add salt, turmeric powder, red chilly powder and allow to boil with ½ tb water.
- As this contents thicken to gravy, add boiled saembu and mix well.
- Roast saembu in low flame for 8 – 10 mins by adding drops of oil to the sides.
- Add lemon drops, mix well and garnish with curry and coriander leaves.